Novemeber 1st

Sunday, November 1, 2009

November 1st

Can you believe it is already November 1st? The month of October flew by! Although it was a fun month with Halloween and all, I am happy November has finally arrived because that means it is closer to THANKSGIVING and CHRISTMAS :) Anyone else as excited as I am?!
I hope you all had a very fun Halloween night! Mine was good despite the fact that the weather was lousy :( I did have fun but then me and my girl Carly called it a night and decided to snuggle up and watch a movie. I crashed in her room since her roomie went home and then we grabbed breakfast this morning.

Breakfast was Black Cherry Stonyfield yogurt, Kashi H2H with a sliced banana on top with a glass of milk on the side. I normally don't eat breakfast in the caf, I usually always have it in my room so it was nice to eat breakfast in the caf for a change with my friends.

Thanks for the handy dandy cell phone for the pic. Last week I just figured out I can e-mail pictures from my phone to my laptop! It was a very exciting moment. So now I will be able to capture more of my eats when I forget my camera or when I feel awkward taking pictures of my food with my camera!

After breakfast the first thing I did was take a shower and I felt so much better since I slept in my Halloween costume last night. Whoops! I thought I was going to need a nap today but after showering I felt awake and decided to get workin' on that homework of mine considering I have three tests this week!

I did a little work then went to the mall with some friends and then came back for some lunch...and more homework. No, I didn't not go shopping. We just went because one of my friends' phone broke because he spilt beer on it and because I needed ink for my printer!

Lunch was a smoked turkey whole wheat wrap with swiss cheese, lettuce, and tomatoes with pretzels and a juicy pear (I already bit into!)

Although this afternoon I did manage to rest and 27 DRESSES!

Dinner tonight for me was broiled chicken, peas & carrots, and an artisan roll. While the rest of my family is celebrating October birthdays at my cousins house and having a nice home cooked meal :( This makes me a bit sad and I wish I could be there with them!

Does anyone ever miss their family while away at college like me?

8 comments:

CaSaundraLeigh said...

Last year when I was in the dorms I was always really homesick, but now that I have my own apartment, they always come down!! So maybe if you get your own place next year or whatever it'll be a bit easier!

I am extra excited for Tgiving this yr because I am hosting it at my house :-)

Anonymous said...

You should mix up your dinners sometime! It looks like you always eat the same thing. I bet your caf has some good, healthy alternatives!! mine does at least! (:

Gabriela said...

I miss my family all the time too! Especially my daddy- he and I are really close! I'm glad you had fun last night, good luck on your tests this week! xo

Meg said...

Happy November! I know what you mean about missing out on family stuff at home - but just remember - the holidays are just around the corner!! Enjoy your night Jennaaaa!

Love,
Meg

Jenny said...

oh love, I think everyone misses their family -- look at me! I missed them so much I needed to go home! It's perfectly natural, darling :)

Jess said...

Great eats girl!! I'm SO excited for Thanksgiving and Christmas as well!! It's the most wonderful time...of the year :D

<3 jess
xoxo

Carly said...

i didnt even see you snap this picture! ha you are good. no pb in the mess?
i miss my brother and anna a lot but it makes it even better when i do get to see them

Julie said...

glad you had such a fun time at Halloween! 27 Dresses is definitely one of my favorite movies :)

I defffinitely missed my family when I was away at school! Especially towards the later years! But it makes tday and xmas even better. Hang in there girl!

Post a Comment